Last update: 03-05-2018
R2N is a data controller in accordance with the Danish Act on Processing of Personal Data and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This applies to both registration of data and automatically collected data, on www.r2n.dk and the mobile app "R2N" for iPhone and Android, hereinafter referred to as "R2N's platforms".
Contact info on the data controller:
Restaurant 2 Night ApS
Vestergade 16, 3. floor
1456 København K
Phone.: 30 95 00 29
First and foremost, you should know that it is of great importance to R2N, that you as a customer feel safe and secure when using the R2N platforms.
We handle responsibly the data you provide for us and the data that we collect from your use of R2N's platforms with respect for your private life and in accordance with applicable laws, including the Act on Processing of Personal Data.
1. What data does R2N collect and how are they used?
1.1 Data related to registering a user on the R2N platforms
We register the data (name, mobile number, email) you provide when entering information in connection to creating a user profile on the R2N platforms. We also register the code you choose, but the code is encrypted so we cannot view it.
We store your personal data in order to administer and serve you as a user on our platforms, in relation to booking of restaurant- and cafe visits, hereinafter "restaurant visits".
1.2 Data regarding your restaurant visits using the R2N platforms
R2N registers the following data in regards to your restaurant visits, using the R2N platforms:
- Time, date, number of persons, restaurant, booking time, discount
- The specific platform you are using
- Number of times you have used the platform
- If the reservation is approved or not
- If you show up or not
We also register the zip code of the first restaurant that you book on, as "your zip code", which you can see and change under your R2N profile.
We do this to serve you as a user on our platforms, and to have the opportunity to give you better automated restaurant suggestions on our platforms and in our newsletters, in regards to your personal preferences.
1.3 Data regarding your restaurant reviews
You have the opportunity to write reviews of your R2N restaurant visits, that will be published on the R2N platforms. It is up to you whether you want your full name published, or just your first name.
In this event we will register the following data:
- The review (in itself) and the user that has written it
- Will be registered to; show the review on our platforms and give you the opportunity to share it on social media
- Overall and specific rating of the restaurant
- Will be registered to; review the restaurants and show the ratings on our platforms, and as information for the specific restaurant.
- If the restaurant remembered the discount
- Will be registered to; do statistics if specific restaurants perform too poorly, and hereby have a foundation for contacting them to solve the problem.
- The total bill and tips, if any;
- Will be registered to; show the users their savings using R2N, and to give the restaurants an insight in how much money the R2N users spend at their restaurant.
- If the user wants to use R2N again
- Will be registered to; keep statistics about this crucial area
- If the user again would want to visit, and recommend the restaurant
- Will be registered to; keep statistics about the area, and to give the user better automated restaurant suggestions.
- Comment for the specific restaurant
- Will be registered to; exchange this information with the restaurant
- Comment for R2N
- Will be registered to; provide better service and answer questions
- If the user shares the review on facebook
- Will be registered to; keep statistics if the function is bringing enough value.
1.4 Data regarding the use of the website, www.r2n.dk
Data, identifying which parts of the website that are visited most and how, is registered in both logfiles, heatmaps and recordings of user behavior, that are stored together with the IP address of the user, operating system, language, time/date and what type of "device" (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), that was used.
These data are strictly used when further developing the website and error correction, thus optimizing it according to the users' needs.
1.5 Data regarding your location
When using the R2N platforms we collect and use information about your location, if you have instructed your device to send such information to us via the privacy settings on that device.
We do this to serve you as a user on our platforms and have the opportunity to show you your location on a map, calculate distances to restaurants, and send you relevant push messages with nearby restaurants, when you enter the so called push geozones.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information us.
Please note that turning off location sharing will affect certain features of our platforms. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device for help.
Cookies are being used on the R2N platforms for multiple purposes that you can read about here.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that are stored in browsers. In apps they are often referred to as "identifiers", but they work in a similar way. Therefore, we will in this policy refer to all these technologies as "cookies", and computers, smartphones, tablets etc., as "devices".
Cookies can do a lot of different things, on our platforms they for example keep track on what is happening during your visit and helps recognize your device. This is helpful to you, if you by mistake close down www.r2n.dk in the middle of the booking process, then our cookie will tell your browser what you were doing, which makes it easier to finish the booking.
A cookie is in no way harmful to your device.
The platforms general functionality
- Remembering whether you are logged on to your R2N profile or not
- Remembering your choices and not completed reservations
- Remembering not to show popups, when you close them down
- Giving you relevant restaurant suggestions
Statistics and tracking on the platforms
Below you can see a complete list of cookies being used on our platforms.
|e9e123fb2933244f327efb3681b2539c||R2N||Is used to remember a visitors choice of language||Web||Session|
|r2nfirsttime||R2N||Is used to remember whether the visitor has received a given popup. To not concern the visitor with the same popup in the future||Web||1 Month|
|exit_popup||R2N||Is used to remember whether the visitor has received a given popup. To not concern the visitor with the same popup in the future||Web||5 days|
|entrypage||R2N||Is used to remember which the page a user has arrived to the first time they entered the site on a given day||Web||1 day|
|Google Analytics||To collect information regarding the browsing of users on the site, in order to know the reason for their original visit and other similar statistical data. Names, surnames and addresses from which users connect are not obtained.||Web||Mixed|
|Zopim||Zopim allows us to live chat in order to provide support and directly solve our clients' and users' doubts.||Web||Mixed|
|R2N||Not classified||Web||2 Year|
|Not classified||Web||20 Year
|csrftoken||Is used by Instagram to remove the possibility that pages like R2N, misuses a visitors Instagram account||Web||1 Year|
|Is used as a part of the websites social media plugins.||Web||Mixed|
|fr||Is used by facebook to deliver various ad-services, including realtime-offers from thirdparty-advertisers.||Web||3 Months|
|smartlookCookie||Smartlook||Smartlook is used to analyse whether users have run into UX problems||Web||Session|
Your consent applies to all the R2N platforms.
Removal of browser cookies
It is easy to remove browser cookies, but please beware that you risk that r2n.dk will not perform as intended. You can read more here. http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
Removal of app cookies / identifiers
Your mobile operating system may let you opt-out from having certain device identifiers used. You should refer to the instructions provided by your smartphones' manufacturer; this information is typically available under the "settings" function of your smartphone.
1.7 Google analytics
R2N uses Google Analytics to analyze the activities on the platforms. This is done to optimize the platforms and make them more user-friendly. In connection to this, cookies, among other things, are used to keep statistics regarding the number of users, time spent on the platforms and also which sub-pages are visited.
In order to maintain this function, Google also leaves cookies on your device.
The used IP address is passed on to Google for the use of Google Analytics surveys.
Please see section 1.5 above on how to avoid these cookies.
It is also possible generally to opt out of the Google Analytics surveys. For further information, please go to this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2. Who can access personal data?
Employees at R2N, whose job it is to serve you as a customer and process your personal data, have access to the collected personal data. These employees only have access to see and use your data to the extent this is necessary in order to serve and administer you as a customer or to comply with the applicable laws.
R2N only passes on information to our partner restaurants in relation to bookings on our platform, and in accordance to the consent given by you.
Personal information passed to restaurants is: Name and mobile number
Information in regards to reservation: Time, date, number of persons, discount and if the user is connected to the business class program.
4. How and for how long do we keep your information?
According to the applicable laws, including the Act on Processing of Personal Data, your personal information must be kept safely and confidentially. We store your personal information in Cloud IT-systems with controlled and restricted access, and on servers that are placed at specifically secured facilities at IBM Amsterdam.
Data regarding you as a customer, as specified in 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 are kept for as long time, as is necessary to administer you as a customer, or furthermore to comply with the applicable laws, including the Payment Services Act, the Act on Measures to Prevent Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism, the Bookkeeping Act, and the Act on Processing of Personal Data.This entails that;
- Your user data and data in regards to your restaurant visits using the platforms are stored as long as you are an active user on R2N, as it is necessary to administer you as a customer. However, inactive users will be deleted after 5 years, after which they will be forced to re-register if they want to use the R2N platforms.
- Your restaurant reviews, if you have written any, will be stored as long as they serve the purpose for which they were obtained. This will typically be as long as the restaurant has a cooperation with R2N.
- Automatically collected data is deleted at the latest after 38 months, as it is reckoned that it no longer is necessary for the purposes for which is was collected. This deletion happens for the most parts automatically.
Please remember, that you always have "the right to be forgotten". Just delete your R2N user profile and the customer relationship is terminated, and your personal data will instantly be deleted from our management-systems Any backup data will also be deleted after 30 days.
6. Your rights
As a registered user on R2N, you have a right to gain insight into what data are registered about you according to the Act on Processing of Personal Data.
If this information or data, which are being processed about you, is incorrect or misleading, you can require that this data is corrected, deleted or blocked.
At any time, you can object to the processing of data regarding you. Furthermore, at any time you can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data. Please note that our processing of personal data in general is necessary in order for you to be a user on R2N and for us to serve you.
By logging onto www.r2n.dk, you can quickly get an overview of most of the data registered about you for example your user data and restaurant visits.
If you have any further questions regarding what data about you that is registered with R2N, and how it is processed, please contact:
R2N Support, telephone 3095 0029
Via contact form on www.r2n.dk
Or by letter to:
Restaurant 2 Night ApS
Frederiksberggade 2, 5. sal
1459 København K
7. Complaints regarding the collection and use of information
R2N is as a data controller subject to the provisions in the Act on Processing of Personal Data on the processing of personal information. The Act on Processing of Personal Data is administered by the Danish Data Protection Agency.
If you experience an infringement of your personal life during the use of the R2N platforms, or any other interaction with R2N, you can file a complaint to the Data Protection Agency about the practice of R2N.
The contact information for the Data Protection Agency follows below:
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 København K
Telephone: 33 19 32 00
Fax: 33 19 32 18